Saturday 1 September 2007

YAYYYY!!!! I beat the steek!!!

I did it.. I did it!!!! ..... my round swatch is now flat.... it's pinned out a bit dodgy... but I was excited and triumphant!!.. and couldn't wait to photo it.

I can't believe how easy a steek really was... its done with oddments of BFL and the hairy nature of the yarn meant it didn't fray :-)... I even went un-reinforced!!!.... mainly because I don't crochet and didn't have a 2.5mm hook... I just blanket stitched over the edges.. and Ive pulled it and its not going anywhere.

Here's a edge view


Its brilliant conquering one of my biggest knitting fears.... lovely Fair Isle jumpers and cardis knitted in the round... no longer an obstacle!!


Just want to add a huuuuge thanks to DianeM on the Angel Yarns forum for setting this all up and for helping a fraidy Fairy out... Many Thanks xx.

Now just to conquer my fear of zips and darts!

4 comments:

Linda said...

It looks great , well done you too!! :)

Soo said...

You are more talented than you give yourself credit for. You can tackle darts and anything else knitting throws at you. You CAN!

Well done!

Jominx said...

Well done Fairynuff, you have done a fab job, it looks great.

You can set your mind to anything now :)

Viknits said...

Well done Fairy, your swatch looks lovely! You're a braver person than me!! What are you going to tackle next?? :p