Sunday 19 August 2007

A Middle Earth Birthday for me!

Ooooo yummy solids!

They actually arrived yesterday but I was busy with booooring housework.

First one is Choccy Orange... it's the most gorgeous rich chocolate brown with just a hint of orange... good enough to eat, I'm in the Angel Yarns forum Slim-a-Long.. so choc is sort of off the menu at the moment... when I want a choccy fix I can just have a choccy squish! :-)

and Magnificent Oz... scrummy Jade Green, there are subtle variations of light and dark Jade in this one, the photo really doesn't do it justice.


I also got a surprise birthday gift from Cazza, lovely stitch markers!!! they are so pretty again the piccy doesn't do them justice, the stones are all have different marbling and shine so much!, yet another unexpected gift!, I have made some great friends by joining the forum... it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy :-D
I'm so looking forward to using my new yarns, I'm hoping the dye wizard is going to magic up a few more of these, there seems to be a real shortage of good solid and semis in sock yarn, I must be hard to please, either the yarn isn't very soft or the colours are not as rich as I would like. I'm intending to extend my solids stash really soon!

( sends Cazza thought waves... rich reds and royal blues)

3 comments:

Fiona Reynolds said...

What gorgeous colours. I have to order some stuff from Cazza once I've whittled down my stash.

Jominx said...

Uuuum yum, you know i'm a big Cazza fan ;) Some more solids would be lovely, I have quite a few tempting lace patterns that just need solid yarn to do them justice. Lovely haul :)

Soo said...

Wow! Your birthday party never ends!

Gorgeous yarn and markers -- can't wait to see the gorgeous socks you make from them!