Friday 17 August 2007

More Squishy Birthday prezzies

I stalked him well!


Postie was late today... was cleaning my bedroom window... (like you do, I was working not nosing) so managed to open the door as he was coming up the path :-D


I got two lovely squishy's ... first of all a lovely squishy from my friend Jo


2 balls of gorgeous Jojoland Melody choccy and a cute Winnie the Pooh card... there was two bars of choccy but one disappeared with my afternoon coffee break.


I just love the pastel colours... I have such a soft spot for Jojoland yarns and I didn't have any in my stash.


I have seen socks knitted with it on the forum.. it makes delish socks.. but I may turn it into fingerless mitts or a mobeius scarf then they will be on display :-D


Designs are whizzing around in my brain... socks , scarf, mitts I really can't decide. One thing is for certain they need a pattern that will really do the yarn justice.


Thanks so so much for a prezzie that is totally perfect in every way Jo xx




Next is from my mother in law.. still can't believe she's nearly 80 and she's been browsing t'interweb. A Regia Creative Knits Journal some dpns and 4 balls of Cygnet Wool Rich 4ply in Mauve and a Charcoal colour. Hubby has his eyes on the Charcoal for some new socks.... hmmm maybe if he's good and doesn't whinge about my yarn spending.
The Regia Journal has some patchwork sock patterns where you knit mitered patches and join them together.. you use a 60 or 80cm circ, I have been practising earlier and it's strangely addictive, and works great with variegated yarns.
I love the Mauve and think I will invest in some Pale Pink or Cream and do some Fair Isle Socks from More SKS . I've been itching to try some.
Still waiting for my Middle Earth Yarns and stuff from Get Knitted so postie is still not safe... poor guy!

6 comments:

Jominx said...

Glad you like it Fairynuff :)
I love the yarn and have some in my stash but just haven't found the right pattern yet.
Wow your MIL did really well, I hope my family get me knitterly goodies for my B-day, a while to wait for that yet though, LOL

pinkarwensocks said...

Happy Birthday fairynuff. Wow, what a beaut MIL you have.

Soo said...

I bet the postie loves being able to deliver something that brings a smile to the recipients face! It's got to be better than bills.

Scottishf said...

What lovely gifts, Happy Birthday!!

blog-blethers said...

Happy belated birthday! Love the jojo land yarn ... I MUST NOT ADD FURTHER TO MY STASH (but it looks soooo tempting)!!!

Twinkle Toes said...

Oh.. I've got that book...

and am doing the harlequin socks...

they are great fun to do(!)