Wednesday 22 August 2007

StEEK-a-longing!!!

The front view

The pattern.

Well I signed up for the Angel Yarns knitting forum's steek-along.
Here is my little swatch I have prepared for steeking.
Steek is such a scary word!!!!!.... basically it mean taking the scissors to your knitting!!!. I think we are going to cut down the vertical lines on the front view.
Mega thanks to DianeM for organising it.... there's lots of lovely Fair Isle patterns I would love to do but I'm scared of the dreaded 'S' word!
I know I would never have the courage to go it alone on this one.

It's my first Fair Isle in the round and it was mega fun to do.... and it was great having the right side facing all the time..... I always used to get mixed up on the purl row.
I keep on stroking it, its my newest pet :-D... still can't believe I'm going to cut it up!!!!!

4 comments:

Kai said...

cut, cut, cut, cut, cut!!

i still have to do my swatch.. :s

FairyNuff said...

EEP, EEP, EEP, EEP, EEP!!

Jominx said...

Your fair isle is sooo neat, I wouldn't have the heart to cut it, scary. Good luck :)

Soo said...

Have you done the deed yet????