Tuesday 24 July 2007

First 'Summer Peaches' sock finished





Here's the first Summer Peaches sock finished. I love the way the cables have worked out :-D. I'm now thinking it's more a slipper sock than a trainer liner as the cables are just too pretty to be hidden under my smelly trainers!
I just love the rustic feel of the socks... the yarn was kind of fluffy and was dyed using natural dyes.. so I wanted to give it a countryside look :-D



Here's a closer view






The cable is a Double Snake which I had to adapt for knitting in the round.



Here's a pic of it on my foot.. excuse the white ankle!



Slipper sock or trainer liner... the choice will be up to you :-D


I have written everything down I did on the first one... so I will use this to proof knit the second one.. and all being well will post the pattern on here. :-D... so watch this space!


6 comments:

Jominx said...

Absolutely stunning, what more can I say. You are a very talented Fairy :) They should definately be slipper socks, they are far too nice to be covered up!!!

FairyNuff said...

Thanks ever so much!!!
I was really nervous about it
I'm sooo glad someone other than me likes my designs :-D

I knew I was on a winner when DH said.... wow they look good! :-0.. normally when I talk knitting he pretends to be interested

Kai said...

they do look good!
and definitely one to be shown off, rather than a hidden delight!

Anonymous said...

Lovely socks, definately should be on display not hidden under shoes

Luv,

Abbey

Put a Sock in it said...

That's a lovely design, and definitely ought to be on show!

allybea said...

That's way too pretty to be hiden inside a trainer! You are a clever Fairy :-)