Saturday 14 July 2007

Yay! First ' by Fairynuff ' sock finished



Well here it is my first ever sock designed by me completed.. complete with cute little check pattern and eye of partridge heel




Here's another view on my foot... Eldest daughter took this one.... shes so much better at taking pics than me! Excuse the flabby white calf.... well theres been no summer to get a tan.. most days my wooly socks stay firmly on my feet!


Second sock may take a bit longer to complete because I'm going to write down everything I do.. and if its knitter friendly I will post it on here as a free pattern :-)

They still have no name.. any suggestions are very welcome!


I have a couple of more patterns still in the planning stage... a one with cables and moss stitch panels and a lacy one... I have so many sock ideas that new ideas sometimes keep me awake. I'm thinking of taking some sock yarn on my camping holiday and have a bit of a play with yarn.. well it will save me taking a pattern and with a change of scenenry, I might come up with something really good, after all the whole knittng process is all about being creative and playing about with yarn.


Over at Angel Yarns Tess has most of her new signature range of yarns online. The colours are even better than I imagined.. so rich and vibrant! I neeeeed the Cherry.. and the Teal.. and OHHH the Chocolate it's soooo rich and dark like a 70% cocoa.. well a bit of choccie would brighten up most peoples day!

I had to sit on my hands and hide my credit cards whilst looking.... the baby alpaca 4 ply looks soooo soft and dreamy. I love working with alpaca.. reckon they'd make cosy housesocks :-) ....merino wools and laceweight mohair to tempt me!


But alas.... I have allready spent a small fortune on yarn this month and my Middle Earth Yarns July sock club yarn is due shortly, and I have a huuuuuge stash, plus enough on my to do list to keep my hands busy for the next few years. Well theres always next months yarn budget :-)

I need to knit more.. or become an octopus!

I have been strong and not bought anything.... well today I have.






3 comments:

Kai said...

the sock looks very cool!

they kinda remind me of picnics, with the checks...

Jominx said...

Oh Fairynuff they look lovely, the pattern has worked fantastically and the colour is lush. Can't wait to see the pattern published :)

Saira said...

Beautiful sock! I think they should be called blue squared.