Thursday 26 July 2007

Green and Purples!

I finished these today...excuse the really dodgy piccy's this time as the weather today has been totally PANTS!!!

Yarn is my Middle Earth Yarns June sock club yarn... the pattern is by Cazza269. They didn't have a name so I've nicknamed them Green and Purples which is similar to a well known brand of choccy I love.... well yummy socks need a yummy name!

Here's a view on my feet



I love the funky contrasting heels and toes... they are done in Socrates 100% Merino in shade Violet as I was worried about having enough yarn ... and really didn't want to frog right past the heel if I ran out before the toe.

I'm a teeny bit annoyed as I had a fair amount left... but one of these days I've promised myself I will start a Memory Blanket using a different square of each sock yarn I've ever used. Maybe I should get on with it as the oddments are adding up.!

7 comments:

Jominx said...

They are soo cool and that is a fab idea to use up the oddments of sock yarn. I would imagine between the 2 of us we would end up having quite a large blankie!!!

Fiona Reynolds said...

Gorgeous socks. I like your Summer Peaches socks too.

(This blog is sock heaven!)

Unknown said...

Oooh, that's really lovely! I am yet to knit June's yarn and the pattern is really lovely. What size needles did you use for this yarn?

FairyNuff said...

Thanks for all the lovely comments ! :-D

I used 2.25mm needles aberdonian and it gave me a gorgeous firm fabric. I had about 30g left out of the 100 so I probably could have got full socks out of it.. but then again I removed a pattern repeat from the foot as I found the 3 repeats fitted my size 6 feet :-D

Soo said...

I love the contrasting heel and toe! You are a sock genius!

pinkarwensocks said...

Love them fairynuff, and the pattern is so pretyy.

Tracey said...

All your socks look great.
I am doing a similar thing with my left over sock yarn. I am using a French knitter to get long tubes then I am going to sew them in a square shape starting from the middle.
Your blog is great, really informative and easy to read.
knitty, witty, woo