Friday 13 July 2007

Socky WIP's



The first one is my own sock pattern still under construction.... its knitted in Opal Uni shade Turquoise on 2.5mm dpns.... I'm rather pleased with it so far. I love the way that you can incoporate texture and lace into a pattern... inspiration from Cookie A's Monkey socks here... so its sort of a check pattern with the stocking stitch blocks have lace detail.
It is the sock with no name though!!! I'm just not good at that sort of stuff.
Not a very good pic I know but I got all the instep stitches on one needle and it just wouldn't lie right.... better piccies once I finish it and knit its mate.. if I'm totally happy with them once they done... may post the pattern for free.
Second one is my June sock club yarn from Middle Earth Yarns... the pattern is by Cazza269 ( she dyes all the yarns too)..... not sure if the yarn has a shade but its 100% BFL in hues or jade green turquoise and purple.
Clever Wizzy.. I would love to try this pattern on a solid yarn too... think the lacy diamonds would really stand out and look ACE!!!

11 comments:

allybea said...

Lovely colours! I like lots of piccies in a blog. Hope you get lots of nice comments and no more dodgy ones!!

Knittings Nice! said...

Welcome to bloggy land...be sure to have fun.

Nevisknitter said...

Welcome to blogland, your socks look great, looking forward to seeing all those red cardies finished.

Anonymous said...

love the socks! and such pretty colours....

hope your blogging goes well.

Janice said...

Lovely socks. You've certainly been busy what with knitting and getting your blog un and running :-)

FairyNuff said...

thanks for all the nice comments folks. Better go to knit some of my 'own' so I can post better piccies :-)

Saira said...

Hi Fairy, love the socks, you are furthur along than me on the sock club ones! They look lovely, I'll have to start mine soon.

Jominx said...

Lovely Blog Fairynuff. Your socks are looking fab. You give me great inspiration. Keep up the good work!

Jacqui said...

Hello *waves* and welcome, as the others have said, to blogland! Great posts so far and lots of lovely photos, 10/10 :o)

cat said...

hi fairy your blog looks fab and I love your sockies!

feltboots said...

Wow, great looking blog - you're a natural ! Socks and lace are pretty darn cool too :D