Saturday 21 July 2007

New Sock Design... Summer Peaches



Oooo I'm all excited!!!

Here's the start of my second sock design, Summer Peaches. It's a cute little sockette with a roll top and centre cable design. The yarn is Natural Dye Studio.. shade Neville and its an alpaca/silk mix and it's sooo gorgeous to work with!

It's a bit shorter in yardage and slightly thicker than most sock yarns.. it's more like a light sport weight so I'm using 2.75mm dpns.. it will make a cozy slipper sock or trainer liner.

I decided to go with one large cable panel framed either side with moss stitch. I included a roll top to give it a casual rustic feel.
I'm really pleased with how this is progressing, the pattern flows beautifully and although its a 32 row pattern its easy to see whether you should be cabling front or back. It's going to be a quick knit too.
I'm going to do another pair on smaller needles with fingering weight sock yarn, and will publish the pattern for both... it's nice to have a choice of weights :-D. I'm also really tempted to try out some other sizes too.
Looks like I'm going to be one busy fairy!


Here's a close up of the cables



Doesn't it just say walks in the country!

1 comment:

Jominx said...

Wow, that pattern is stunning :) Maybe one for me to try when I have a little more experience. The yarn is fab too, it looks sooo soft. Can't wait to see the published patterns. Well done :)